Tuesday, December 23, 2003

i am in some what of a rebellious mood today.

today was the infamous shopping day with the grandparents. i don't know if i would call it a tradition because there is really no set date for this event, however it usually does fall around some kind of holiday. shopping to me is like that sore at the roof of your mouth that just won't heal because you can't stop tonguing it. well, i am very pleased to say that we walked the grapevine mill's mile track in just under two hours. i know, i should have been in cross country. i think my grandparents sat on every bench in that mall.

so my rebelliousness lies in the fact that i made it out of the mall without getting anything for myself. today that's a good thing. there have been many a trip like these in which my grandma will insist on buying some kind of trinket for us grand kids. but in an effort to ease out of the good intention and getting the useless gift, i usually end up knocking heads with her. something just rubbed me the wrong way today when my grandma handed me a twenty dollar bill and told me that if i saw something i liked i could get it. i guess it's because i've felt like i haven't been able to be me this week around my grandparents. they don't really get my humor and i have to choose carefully each and every word i say to them. i kind of felt like i was being paid off by my grandma to fit their mold they've made for me. i know i am probably just blowing this generous gift out of wack but like i said before, i am in one of those rebellious moods today.

No comments: