Monday, January 14, 2008

so this is the new year...

I think its hard to not make resolutions.
Even if they’re just short and simple or a little vague.
Like saying you’re going to start eating better.
There’s just something about the new year that sort of begs change.
Or improvement.
I’m trying to be more intentional this year.
Intentional with my time.
Intentional with my wife, my walk, my friends.
Intentional with my thoughts.
Intentional at work.

With all that being said we are twelve days into the new year and I’ve finally gotten around to doing a few things I’ve been putting off.
Today I went for a run around the neighborhood.
There was a break in the rain clouds and the sun peeked through so I laced up the running shoes for the first time since we’ve moved to Portland.
Just a quick jog through Laurelhurst park and then back home.
I don’t feel it now but I’ve sure tomorrow will remind me of how long it’s been since I’ve been running.

I also began knitting today.
Mish got me some needles and yarn for Christmas.
If I can figure this out everyone is getting scarves next Christmas.

3 comments:

Flower Mound Mom said...

I'm looking forward to my scarf. Love you!
Mom

spartacus21 said...

i'll be cold in ew zealand during the summer. if you get good enough maybe you can have one ready by then!

Anonymous said...

And I don't feel any different. The clanking of crystal. Explosions off in the distance (in the distance).

~angelic