Sunday, October 31, 2010


I'm still buzzing from this...


If you hear from someone that they didn't think the Sufjan concert was very good its probably because they only wanted to hear him play "Chicago". Which I have to admit, I was a little nervous before going to see him this past Friday. Sufjan's last few albums have all had a similar style of music which the masses, including myself, are probably most familiar with. His newest album, The Age of Adz, is a significant divergence stylistically from his previous records. The 30 second clips I listened to online were a little hard to warm up to. Mish and I had been wanting to see Sufjan in concert for years so I had really built up the show. I was nervous because I was afraid I wasn't going to like his new stuff, and walk away disappointed because he might not play any of the songs I know. Well, he didn't disappoint. I was blown away by it all.

That was Friday night.

The rest of the weekend looked something like this...


Dinner: Butternut Squash (from my backyard) pizza with pine nuts, onions and cheddar cheese.



Evenings spent crunching to get my midterms finished up.



Last minute Halloween costume I threw together when I found out on Saturday my boss wanted us to dress up at work. Can you guess what I am?

No comments: