Sunday, March 21, 2004

When i consider Your heavens,
the work of Your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which
You have ordained;
what is man that You take
thought of him,
and the son of man that You care
for him?
Yet You have made him a little
lower than God,
and You crown him with glory
and majesty!


-Psalm 8: 3-5

there's a tension that lies within me, an opposition that pulls me every which way. often i take for granted the glory i've been given. i received a card from a friend today. every intention behind the letter was penned for encouragement but for some reason it stirred a conviction deep within me. a pride i thought i could hide behind a facade of humility was brought to light. how am i using humility to cover my pride? i am reminded of moses and his evasiveness to God's calling. telling God he can't speak eloquently. moses seems to be in a state of humbleness, but God's anger burns against moses. he has forgotten just who it is he serves. often in an attempt to glorify my own abilities i try to deny them even though God has called me to use them, not for my glory, but for His. that's my tension.

so who am i when i forget who i am in You,
and who am i when i hide
when the glory i'm seeking is wrapped up in pride
covered by a humble tide
forgive me when i forget that my strength comes from you
not of me, but you
and who am i that you are mindful of me,
and who am i that you care for me?
yet you have made me a little lower than God,
and crowned me with glory and majesty!
-thank you

No comments: