Wednesday, April 11, 2007


Mish has been on a cruise this week with her good friend Brittany soaking up some sun down off the coast of Mexico.
I've been at home with The Harboo.
Being alone does have some perks to it.
I get to leave things out that I normally don't leave out. I started drawing again so I've cleared off the dinning table and moved a small stereo, colored pencils and a sketch pad on it.
Sort of created a little space for myself.
Thats been nice.
But I miss my wife too terribly much to want to do something like this often.
Nobody is around to use the small forks or water the flowers. Or play Rummikub with.
And I can only read so much.

Last night a really felt like a bachelor.
For Easter my parents gave Mish and I a gift card to the local farmers market.
Mish jokingly said that that will be my lunch money for the week while she was on the cruise.
I'm ok with that.
I like Sprouts (that's the name of the farmers market)
So I left work a little later than usual and headed to the store to find some dinner.
Normally I'm real big on preparing a meal.
I actually like to cook.
But last night I didn't have a game plan.
And I was hungry.
I thumbed through some of the pre-made meals but nothing really caught my attention.
But when I rounded the corner I came upon an item I knew Mish wouldn't be to upset to miss out on.
Sushi.
That's it.
I'm in.
I grabed a package of California Rolls and some Japanese beer to wash it down with.
What else do I need.

Again, fun, but not something I would want to do every night.
I really miss my wife.

No comments: