Sunday, February 20, 2011



I have always thought of carving a turkey as sort of a rite of passage to head of the household. A ceremonious and sacred tradition that every man must take responsibility for. This past weekend i felt like i stepped into that honored role. Friday night we had not one, but two, thirty pound turkeys cooking simultaneously in our oven. Once the correct temperature was reached and the turkeys removed from the oven, I then proceeded to carve these birds without any formal training. But using the knowledge I had gleaned from past Thanksgivings watching my father or my friends father carve, I cut as much meat off the bones as I could. I have to be honest, I am quite proud of the way things turned out, and I feel as though i've been clothed in a new layer of confidence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are cray cray, and i love it.