Saturday, March 12, 2011

juxtaposition...

cozied up in the oversized chair i'm sipping on some darjeeling tea while thumbing through the most recent issue of dwell magazine. but prefab eye-candy and articles on the pros and cons of twenty or so designer chairs aren't enough to divert my attention from the video streaming from the computer. mish had pulled up CNN. we watch houses, planes and cars spin in whirlpools like the aftermath of a child's bath time. waves rushing over places waves where never suppose to go. i can't even begin to fathom what the people in Japan are dealing with right now. events like this cause me to look at things through a different lense. it makes me question what exactly i'm striving for. what i want to be about. how i really want to spend my short amount of time on this crazy, shaking rock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so true. it's incredibly sad...makes me thankful for my place here...