Sunday, February 22, 2004

success, full success!

i think a personal high point for me this weekend during the real teens bible conference was when i made the pick up for a very important drug deal at grapevine mills mall. i didn't think the mall was the most ideal place for an exchange either but i don't ask questions. i do my job and then i'm out. so i parked my car near the north west side of the mall and entered through neighborhood 2. some lady said something about me "ustedes la pasando por la entrada" but i wouldn't let that distract me. in order to avoid suspicion and being followed, i stopped by sun and ski sports to exchange some socks and then made my way to the pick up point. "look for the round table closest to the north entry into polar ice. the goods will be there" i repeated over and over in my head. my heart raced as i approached the pick up point. my eyes darted back and forth, scanning the scene for anything suspicious. cameras, men with dark sun glasses, clowns, whatever. coast was clear. the goods where right where they left them. i casually walked by, grabbed the shoes, and.... wait! what!?! that's right, shoes... so i really wasn't involved in this big drug deal. probably better that way, and besides, i pass on grass. it just so happened that i was the most available person to make a trip back up to polar ice to retrieve some shoes one of our mid-school girls left there. i just wanted to add some excitement to the whole thing.

No comments: