Wednesday, September 01, 2004

josie and the pontiacs...

there was a time in my life when i actually wished i had one of those old junky cars that you could tell all those funny stories about. you know, you would be sitting around with your friends and someone would break out with "remember that time we (add your crazy car story here)" and then everyone would laugh. well after spending the afternoon on the side of highway 114 waiting for my dad to bring me a new altinator i decided that having one of those junky cars was not as much fun as i thought it would be.

during my drive to school yesterday i noticed that my battery light turned on and i watched the meter reading drop lower than normal. i had just replaced the battery not long ago so i didn't think it would be that. i went to class, had some coffee with some friends i hadn't seen in a year, found out i have to take an intro to fine arts class still which really bites considering i was an architect/interior design major for three years, and then went back to class. around 5:00 i hit the road to head home. the meter reading had dropped even lower. basically i was just running my car straight off the battery. i was probably about ten miles away from home when my car just turned off and i coasted to the side of the road. i called my dad who thankfully had gotten the part earlier in that day and was on his way to help me out. i passed the time by reading psalm 31, the owners manual for my car, along with old bank statements i found underneath my seat. my dad finally showed up and we replaced it right there on the side of the highway. now josie, thats the name of my car, is running fine.

in brief, here are a few other funny situations i've experienced with josie:
-having the horn honk everytime you made a left turn or even just changing to the left lane. definitely got some confused looks from other motorists as i unintentionally honked at them.
-watching my speedometer dance in sync with my turn signal.
-the classic having to crawl through the trunk to unlock my doors.

if you have some great car stories please share...

No comments: