Tuesday, November 06, 2007




i'm excited for two reasons.
well, maybe more.
but two of them are because my mother-in-law is coming in this week
and, because she is, we are all going to make the pilgrimage to the mecca downtown that is Powell's Bookstore.
there is a powells a few blocks away from where we live but you don't need a map to navigate it.
i'm pretty excited.
i'm going with a list.
maybe mccarthy's no country for old men
or the omnivore's dilemma.
i'm really in need of a good book.
got any suggestions?

4 comments:

Work in Progress said...

When your sister (me) comes in town, she (me, again) wants to go to Multnomah Falls. She (yes, me) doesn't care how touristy that is because she (you should know by now...) read WAY too many books as a child that were based around this landmark. Take her (??) there or die...

ps. I'm reading a biography of Eleanor Roosevelt, so I recommend something about an historical figure...my next book will be on FDR? We'll see. ER's books (2 volumes) consume thousands of pages.

Flower Mound Mom said...

Pam,
I always admired Eleanor Roosevelt. I'd love to read the book!

And Steve and Mish, I will go with you to the bookstore, but you must show us the beauty of Portland outside the city too.

Brent said...

If you haven't already, grab Douglas Coupland's "Generation X" or his most recent "The Gum Theif." I loved them both.

And, if I ever come to Portland, you better take me to Powell's and Multnomah Falls.

Or die.

Apparently those are the only option in PamWorld.

Nathan said...

I'm interested in reading OIL! by Upton Sinclair since Paul Thomas Anderson's new movie There Will Be Blood is based on it and looks pretty good.