Thursday, November 08, 2007

my walk to work takes less than five minutes.
it's something like three or four blocks.
but in that short stroll i've been asked so many different things by different people.
some of which include

do you have spare change
do you have time to talk about mercy corp
do you care about polar bears.
do you want some good weed
do you want to legalize weed
do you want to support our basketball team
do you have the time
did you vote
do you have a smoke
do you have a light
would you like to buy the homeless newspaper
do you want to toke up
would you like to buy this guitar
(i'm told its a classic)
do you have a light
do you have a light
do you have a light


most days i have to say no.

5 comments:

Work in Progress said...

I was asked recently if I had a light. When I said no, the guy said, "really?"

I had to tell him no...again.

Not sure why he was confused. I must look like a smoker? :)

Flower Mound Mom said...

Not quite Flower Mound, huh?

Brent said...

I'd like to read what articles are in a homeless newspaper.

Anonymous said...

You should buy a lighter.

Free and Living said...

i love u.